For a fast, easy, and efficient cooking, finding the Best Pressure Cooker is a must!.
Regardless of whether you want a compact or a big pressure cooker for your kitchen, this guide will let you find the best pressure cooker that fits all your different needs. Read our pressure cooker reviews along with in-depth details and tips that will help you find the best brand and model for your home and kitchen needs.
Pressure cookers come in all sizes, designs, styles, and models. Making the research for the right cooker for your kitchen pretty overwhelming.
But don’t worry, below are some of the top rated pressure cookers available in the market, as well our tips and recommendations to understand what is the best pressure cooker for your needs, family, and budget.
|Instant Pot IP-DUO Plus60 9-in-1||5/5||3 – 6 – 8 (quarts)||Check it|
|Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1||4.9/5||5 – 6 – 8 (quarts)||Check it|
|Power Pressure Cooker XL||4.8/5||6 – 8 (quarts)||Check it|
|Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1||4.8/5||3 – 6 – 8(quarts)||Check it|
|Presto 01370 Stainless Steel||4.6/5||8 (quarts)||Check it|
|Presto 01362 (Budget)||4.5/5||4 – 6 (quarts)||Check it|
Best Pressure Cooker Reviews
1. Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 – Buy Now – $129.95
If you need just the best pressure cooker the Instant Pot 9-in-1 is our TOP PICK since is the most featured full and complete model on the market. When it comes to features, price, and quality there is no competition to the DUO Plus that is the updated version of the Bestseller DUO 7 in 1.
This machine includes the most advanced microprocessor technology that includes all of the great features and functions that made the Duo version a total hit on the market, Plus comes with a lot of improved functions and features that support the latest health-conscious lifestyle.
With the new functions that make it able to cook moist and soft cakes, prepare eggs in just minutes and sterilize jars, baby bottles, and utensils, this multifunctional pressure cooker could do everything by just pressing a button.
Just like the other Instant Pot models, this appliance is designed to cook foods up to 2-6 times faster, and it can save up to 70% energy.
- 9 appliances in one including pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, egg cooker, sauté, steamer, warmer, sterilizer and it makes cake too
- A complete array of functions allows you to cook any dish with ease –i.e., meat, chicken, fish, vegetables, potatoes, pork, soup, stew, desserts, grains, and many other products.
- Easy to use control panel with 14 built-in Smart Programs.
- UL and ULC certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms
- All components in contact with food are food grade 304 (18/8) stainless steel including the lid, the inner pot with 3-ply bottom and steam rack with handles.
2. Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 – Buy Now– $99.95
The second is close to the first choice but for a cheaper price at the cost of some features. The Instant Pot DUO60 is an amazing companion to any kitchen and as we mentioned before is the Bestseller since 2015 for pressure cookers!. When it comes to selecting a quality pressure cooker this is one that you cannot go wrong.
Made of stainless steel, the Instant Pot DUO 7 in 1 gives you the ability to cook faster and easily all types of meals. You just need to include the ingredients in the pot, cover it, and begin cooking. This machine is also able to cook via high pressure and reduces the traditional cooking time by up to 70% without sacrificing important water-soluble vitamins and minerals in the process.
In terms of safety, the DUO has passed the strict UL and ULC certification that gives you that extra peace of mind that is good to have when cooking with pressure. The removable, non-stick, stainless steel pot, sealing ring, and anti-block shield are all dishwasher safe, as well the steam rack, rice paddle, soup spoon, and measuring cup. And as another cool addition, the 7 in 1 model includes a handy recipe book to have you cooking in no time.
The DUO model was created to be the best kitchen appliance that you can get including amazing features and a sleek design that will not only combine function as a pressure cooker, but at the same time is a rice cooker, slow cooker, steamer, and warmer able to sautéing and browning as well.
- For families, 4-6 people
- 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker–Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer & Warmer
- Large, easy to use control panel with 14 built-in Smart Programs, Dual pressure, Automatic keep-warm and 3 temperatures for sauteing and slow cook
- Delay cooking time up to 24-Hours; Manual setting up to 120 minutes of cook time
- UL and ULC certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms.
- Include 3-ply bottom stainless steel cooking pot, stainless steel steam rack with handle & manual and recipes in English and French
3. Power Pressure Cooker XL, 6 Quart – Buy Now – $99.99
This is the popular and as Seen on TV PPC Power Pressure Cooker! the perfect appliance for people that would like to cook their favorite meals in an easy way.
Featuring an extra-large size, multiple functions, and just like the Instant Pot models the ability to cook up to 70% faster when compared with traditional cook appliances. This pressure cooker gives you the chance to make healthy and delicious meals without sacrificing your precious time.
With its unique flavor infusion technology that sets it apart from the competition, this machine was designed to maintain all the aroma, taste, and flavors of your meals. So you will not only be amazed by the taste of your meals, but also the aroma that will fill your home with is definitely an added bonus.
The Pressure Cooker XL has capacity enough to hold 4pt jars, making it ideal for canning vegetables, fruits, and other foods. This cooker also comes with the handy automatic Keep Warm mode that will maintain the temperature of your meals for a long time, and its stainless steel coating ensures that the heat never escapes from the food.
Easy to move around and to maintain, with its stainless steel body you need to simply wipe it and is as good as new. Is available at 6 and 8 quarts as well
- Allows you to cook delicious, flavorful and healthier meals up to 70% faster than traditional cookware.
- Flavor infusion technology traps superheated steam inside the pot to force liquid and moisture into your food
- Digital display panel. Slow cooker function prepares your favorite slow-cooked recipes 10x fast
- Safe lock lid with a manual steam release. Automatic keep warm mode. Large and sturdy lid arm handle.
- Capacity: 6 quarts
- Wipe clean brushed stainless steel housing.
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Saftey release valve, Pressure indicator, Auto-lock Handles, Locking Lid, Cool Touch Exterior
4. Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 – Buy Now – $149.34
The Instant Pot Ultra 10-In-1 is a great choice for people that would like to get the latest and greatest features from the Instant Pot family.
Ultra is the function that makes this 10 in 1 cooker more like 1000 in one machine! Giving you the ability to choose between different cooking times, temperatures, and also you can choose between two types of pressure.
It includes all the features that the other models include making it the most full-featured model from our list and on today’s market.
Is not our first choice because even has all the features that come together with the 9 in 1 model the display is not as easy to use as the DUO PLus model and if you are not familiarized with the Instant Pot cookers you can feel overwhelmed by all the functions and features that come along
The Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 comes in 3, 6 and 8 quarts size 11 safety features and 16 smart programs. Their functions include Pressure Cooker, Saute, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Warmer, Yogurt Maker, Egg/Cake Maker, Sterilizer, and the Ultra Function
The Ultra is getting a lot of appreciation from the market and has many positive reviews. The majority of users find it efficient and ideal for accomplishing various kitchen tasks. In fact, the only downside that has been raised is with regard to the dial button and knob-like interface that makes adjustments a little bit hectic to figure out. But besides that, the Ultra model will deliver perfectly all the functions and features that we mentioned before. There is no doubt that it is a great appliance that boasts the best features.
- For families, 4-6 people
- Instant Pot Ultra electric pressure cooker is the next generation in kitchen Appliances. A central dial with a simple turn and press provides added precision in program selection and adjustment
- Including cool and new features like the cooking indicator, altitude adjustment, and a steam release reset button. The Ultra button comes with custom programming. The new features include cake and egg programs and the sterilize mode.
- Replaces 10 common kitchen Appliances – pressure cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, rice/porridge cooker, cake maker, saute/searing, egg cooker, steamer, warmer, and sterilizer
- Developed with the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor. The microprocessor monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration
- UL certified with 11 safety features to provide peace of mind. New steam release reset button for safer handling.
- All components in contact with food are food grade 304 (18/8) Stainless Steel
- Accessories included: steam rack (with handles), recipe booklet, serving Spoon, Soup Spoon, measuring cup and user manual
5. Presto 01370 8-Quart – Buy Now – $119.00
If you need a more cost-effective, that can safe space and at the same time capable of pressure cook, then the Presto 01370 8-Quart could be a great pick for your kitchen.
This appliance is an amazing choice for cooking healthy and delicious meals on an efficient, and quick way. It will help you save time, energy, and cost since its 3 times faster when it comes to cooking process.
Featuring a quick pressure and steam release system that gives you the ability to cook vegetables and white meat to perfection in just minutes. This quick cooking is possible due to its stainless steel construction and a special tri-clad base.
Does the high-pressure steam have you worried? Its quick release valve safely decompresses the cooker and quickly cools your meal!
By having an 8-Quart capacity this cooker can hold up to 7.6 liters of liquid, and the pressure regulator backed by a cover lock indicator will automatically keep the right pressure throughout the entire cooking process giving you a tender and delicious meal.
The Presto 01370 can cook more than just one food at once by using the steaming basket that will perfectly separate the food without any intermingling of flavors. In addition to this multi-function cookware, you’ll also receive a complete guide and a recipe book as well! And at the moment it has a discount so you can get it at just $52.60
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection in minutes. Quickly cooks and tenderizes economical cuts of meat.
- Stainless steel construction with a special tri-clad base for fast, uniform heating. Ideal for use on regular and smooth top ranges.
- Pressure regulator maintains proper cooking pressure automatically. Pressure regulator/steam release valve offers an effortless “quick cool” option.
- Cover lock indicator shows at a glance when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from being opened until pressure is safely reduced.
- Stainless steel steaming basket for cooking several foods at once with no intermingling of flavors.
- Includes a 64-page instruction/recipe book.
6. Presto 01362 8-Quart – Buy Now – $59.99
Our last but not least choice is the popular and affordable Presto 01362. With more than 3600 reviews on Amazon this cooker it gots a good reputation for its budget-friendly price and functions that help you get a good pressure cooker that will make great meals and save countertop space at the same time
Including a 12-year limited warranty and great safety features that will help you easily cook even if you are just getting into the pressure cooker world. It also comes with a non-sticking pot that helps you to clean it easy, you just need to get the pot into the dishwasher, and you are good to go, you can also washing manually and is also really simple to have it clean
The heating control will keep the temperature inside the pot regulated and the heat constant, so you will have no fluctuations like the ones that you can get with a stove top pressure cookers.
The cover lock indicator will let you know when the pressure reaches its peak. It will also tighten the cover at high internal pressure and loosens it at the moment that the pressure is reduced. The automatic pressure regulation makes the Presto 01362 Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker ideal for smooth-top, regular, and induction range cooking.
The Presto model includes a 64-page manual and recipe book. A special rack is also included in the package, so you can cook several different types of foods separately in one go. For about $60, you’ll find no better choice than Presto 01362. It is indeed the best pressure cooker for the price.
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection fast; Helps tenderize economical cuts of meat
- Pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically; Complete 64-page instruction/recipe book included
- Ideal for use on regular, smooth-top and induction ranges; Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Care and Cleaning: Hand Wash Only
- Cover lock indicator shows when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from being opened until pressure is safely reduced
- Helper handle for ease of handling
- Extended 12-year limited warranty
Benefits of Using an Electric Pressure Cooker
With an electric pressure cooker, your recipes cooking time is from the beginning cut in half so you can get your food faster and spend less time cooking and in most cases, the cookers are dishwasher safe so you also save time cleaning!.
The best pressure cooker will not only make your meals faster but it will also preserve more vitamins and nutrients from your foods that normally you will lose using the traditional cooking methods.
Pressure cookers are way more efficient simply because when you cook under pressure, the boiling point of any given liquid is always higher. After the pot is sealed, the pressure in the cooker starts to increase. Making the pressure inside the pot get higher taking the boiling point of water from 211 degrees to 250 degrees, creating a lot of steam that heats the food making a quicker and efficient way to cook your meals
Another advantage from the best pressure cookers is that they consume less energy than traditional cookers. Below is a list of extra benefits of having a pressure cooker in your kitchen:
-Save Time: The best pressure cookers can save up to 70% of your time in the kitchen. SO any food that normally will take around 3 to 4 hours of cooking time you will get 2 or 3 hours off making your recipes looking like a way easier task
-Save Money: Besides that most pressure cookers are really affordable and most of them replace more than just one appliance in your kitchen, This best pressure cooker can also save a lot of electricity and energy bills.
-Safety: The newest pressure cookers are really safe to use. They are designed to allow excess pressure (if there is any) to vent out at any time. They also include stay cool handles, and most of the cookers will automatically switch to warm mode once your food is ready, so it will stay warm until you are ready to serve while not retaining excess heat.
-Flavor of food: A pressure cooker helps you retain the nutritional value of food. In terms of the physical appeal of the meal, the food keeps its color and texture, the meats will maintain the flavor, and all other ingredients will be cooked to their ideal consistency.
-Saves Space: Multifunctional pressure cookers can perform more than just cook with pressure they also work as a rice cooker and slow cookers and more! so you can save space instead of having 3 or even 9 appliances you are going to get just one. (Find the best rice cooker and best slow cooker for the money right now!).
What is the Best Pressure Cooker in 2018?
Although there are many pressure cookers on the market, some are better than others are. Among the above discussed, the best is the Instant Pot IP-DUO60. That comes with seven functions in addition to its great design. It is made from high-quality materials, has a 24-hour delay timer and 14 built-in programs that make it easy to use when cooking meals.
What is the best size for a pressure cooker?
Pressure cookers come in a wide array of dimensions. Picking out the wrong size might make using your pressure cooker frustrating. However, a size that is ideal for the number of people in your family is prone to become a go-to piece of equipment within your kitchen area. Remember that the capacity listed measures just how much liquid it could carry. Only one-half to two-thirds can be utilized when preparing food. The extra space is necessary for the steam. You will find 3 popular sizes:
- Four Quarts – Ideal for singles, couples, or creating a single side dish.
- Six Quarts – Most popular in families with more than two people. Most recipes are created for this size.
- Eight Quarts – Ideal for large families or making a stock.
You can also find 16, 18, and 23-quart pressure cookers, but these are typically reserved for canning veggies, meat, along with other low-acid ingredients in quart or pint jars
How to Buy the Best Pressure Cooker for You
How much should you spend?
Pressure cookers vary in price although all of them work on the same principle. The amount that you should spend would depend on whether you’re choosing a hob-top model or electric and how much you’re planning to use it.
The price of hob-top models normally equals the type of saucepans that you will get. More expensive models will normally come with a pan made from good quality materials like stainless steel instead of aluminum that has a shorter durability, and they also will have a thicker base.
When it comes to electrical pressure cookers the price will reflect the number of features and functions that will come together like the ability to work as a steamer, slow cooker or rice cooker.
What features should you look for?
For the hob-top pressure cooker, check for features that’ll make your cooking much simpler. Like an easy locking system, a pressure indicator, so you can see when it’s reached pressure, a non-stick coating, and a two-valve mechanism for releasing the pressure (either naturally or by using cold water).
Dishwasher-safe parts is a must, as well as suitability for all hob types. Other cool additions could be a timer and included accessories for steaming as well.
Most of this features are the same for electric pressure cookers. You can also check for a high wattage, different heat settings or programmes, the option of a quick pressure release and an auto temperature control to prevent food burning.