Learn How to Make a Pork Roast in a Pressure Cooker and on an Instant Pot!. We give you different recipes so you have plenty of options to choose from.
Cooking a Pork Roast is a great way to show your family how much you love them, get together, and share a great time. We give you different Recipes and Tips to cook the pork, so you can get all the chances to get together and get some quality time with your favorite people!
Just for Today – Get the IP DUO for $79.00 – Click Here >
*You can click on the links to jump to a specific section.
- How long to cook a pork roast in a pressure cooker?
- Pressure Cooker Pork Roast
- Instant Pot Roast Pork
- Best recipes from the Internet
- Video Tips on How to cook Pork roast in a Pressure cooker
- 1 How long to cook a pork roast in a pressure cooker?
- 2 Pressure Cooker Tender Pork Roast
- 3 Instant Pot Roast Pork
- 4 Best recipes from the Internet
- 5 Video Tips on How to cook Pork roast in a Pressure cooker
How long to cook a pork roast in a pressure cooker?
Before we jump into how long you need to cook a pork roast using a pressure cooker, you need to have a few things in mind:
– Normally you will start cooking using raw meat, in that case, have in mind that you can’t leave the meat outside the fridge for more than 2 hours or is going to perish, and in case the room where you leave the raw pork is above 32°C (90°F) no more than 1 hour
– If you are using a cooker that has the Delay Program (like Instant Pot models), do not set the timer for more than 1 or 2 hours. Is better if you pre-cook the meat and then use the Keep Warm mode to maintain the Pork at the right serving temperature.
– Another cool tip for those using an Instant Pot could be to brown/sear the Pork using the Sauté mode to seal the juices before pressure-cooking.
– And last but not least, when it comes to timing you can always start cooking using the shortest cooking time or the recommended time on the recipe, and in case it’s not done you can always extend the time and continue cooking under pressure for a few more minutes until the desired texture is reached.
- When cooking Pork loin roast the right time for a piece of 450 Grams (1 lb) is 20 minutes
- But in case you are cooking Pork butt roast the time for a 450 Grams (1 lb) piece is 15 minutes
We recommend the Instant Pot DUO 7 in 1 as the Best Pressure cooker for Pork Roast in 2021.
Pressure Cooker Tender Pork Roast
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 3 hours Yield: 6-8 servings Method: Pressure Cooker
- 3 – 5 lb. of Pork Roast
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbs of pepper
- 1 tbsp of cayenne
- 1 tbs of salt
- 1 tsp of oil
- 2 packs of brown gravy mix
- 2 cups of water
- Cut the fat on the top of the pork roast.
- Season with all dry seasonings.
- Stuff the roast with 1/2 onion and all garlic.
- Add oil to the pressure cooker and turn to sear.
- When is hot, sear roast on the top side (fat side) first for about 3 minutes.
- Flip and sear for another 3 more minutes on the bottom.
- Sprinkle the remaining onion over the roast.
- In a small bowl, then blend the two packets of brown gravy mix with the two cups of water. And then pour this mixture over the roast.
- Close and lock lid.
- Cook on High pressure for 3 hours.
- As a tip you can cook the Pork Roast in 60-minute intervals with a 5 minute NPR. By cooking in shorter intervals, you can adjust the time to size the roast and be sure that the gravy has adequate seasoning during the cooking time.
- If the roast is not falling apart tender after 3 hours, cook on high pressure in 20-minute intervals with the manual release until the meat is tender.
TIP: If you’ve ever made a pork roast and at the end it was tough, the problem most of the time is that you didn’t cook it for enough time. The longer you cook a pork roast, the more tender it will be. If you are using the oven or a crockpot, give it at least 12 hours of cook. And if is on the pressure cooker, you can go up to 4 hours depending on how large the cut is.
Instant Pot Roast Pork
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Yield: 6-8 servings Method: Instant Pot
- 2 pounds pork loin roast
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion , diced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 medium carrots , chopped
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 1/2 cup broth or apple juice
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons herbs of choice- dried or fresh (rosemary, basil, oregano, thyme etc…)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. Turn the Instant Pot on the “Sauté” mode, and add butter, and melt. Then put the pork loin and sear the sides of the pork loin until you get a nice golden brown. After that add the garlic and onions and cook it until is soft, is going to take around 2 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, celery, broth or apple juice, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, and herbs.
- Close the lid, set to high pressure, and after the pressure cooker reaches full pressure, cook for 15-30 minutes *depending on size & preferred doneness. you will need to Press “Cancel” to stop the “Sauté” mode and then press the “Manual” button and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is done, press “Cancel” and carefully release the pressure. If possible, check the internal temperature of the pork loin (it should be about 145°F).
- Remove the pork loin from the Instant Pot (keep the juices in the Instant Pot), cover, and allow the pork loin to rest for about 10 minutes, depending on how large your loin roast is and how well done you like it.
- Blend together the cornstarch and water. Add to the Instant Pot with the juices. Turn Instant Pot on “Sauté” and simmer until thickened. Taste the seasoning and add additional salt and pepper if desired
Tip: If you are not sure how much time you need to cook your particular roast, cook the pork loin until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F on its thickest part. The higher the temperature, the drier the loin will be, so don’t go past 145°F while in the oven too much if possible. You can also use a slow cooker to make this recipe and if your machine comes with the sear or saute function like the Instant Pot that can be a great help!
Best recipes from the Internet
We pick the best recipes from the internet both pages and videos so you have even more options when you want to make a great pork roast for your loved ones!
Pressure Cooker Pork Roast Recipe
This is a pretty straightforward recipe and is going to take you only 1 hour to have it served
Pressure Cooker Pork Roast With Apple Gravy
Try this recipe that is going to take around 1 hour and 50 min to have it ready and enjoy a healthy Pressure Cooker Pork Roast with Apple Gravy for a perfect fall dinner.
Pressure Cooker Pork Roast
Another 60-Minute Pressure Cooker Pork Roast Recipe (Instant Pot Pork Roast)! This tender & flavorful Instant Pot Pork Roast is so comforting & satisfying to eat. Simple & budget-friendly weeknight meal.
Video Tips on How to cook Pork roast in a Pressure cooker
Pork roast in the pressure cooker
How to cook Roast Beef or Pork Roast in a Pressure Cooker
And that’s it for now! Let us know what do you think about all the recipes and if you have a favorite one let us know so we add it to the list!