Get ready for the most tender and juicy Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham. This recipe will put you on the biggest pedestal when it comes to cooking!. Be the next Master Chef of your Domain!.
We’re going to give you the recipe at the beginning and right below some cool notes and tips to get the best Honey Baked Ham.
Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham Recipe
Course: Main Course Cuisine: American Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 16 minutes Pressure Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 46 minutes Servings: 15 Calories: 267kcal
- 3-5 pound spiral sliced ham
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch optional
- Place the trivet inside the inner pot. Pour in 1 and also 1/2 mugs of cold water. Place oil sling on the trivet to easily remove the Ham once the cooking is done.
- Now start to prepare the glaze by blending together the pineapple juice, honey, and brown sugar.
- Now place the Ham on a large sheet of a good and sturdy aluminum foil. Fold up the sides of the foil, to make it look like a housing or bowl for the Ham. Carefully separate the pieces of the spiral ham, so it’s easier for the glaze to go through whole the Ham pieces. Pour all the glaze over the Ham and wrap aluminum foil all around the Ham. Now Place the Ham on the trivet inside the pressure cooker.
- Set the Instant Pot on High Pressure for 2 minutes for each pound of Ham plus 10 minutes that will cover the heat need it inside the aluminum foil. (Add just 7 minutes if using a slim foil.)
- Once the cooking time ends, let it rest for around 15 mins. Check the inside temperature level to be sure that the pork is warmed up to 135-150 degrees. If not cook for an extra 3-5 mins again using High-Pressure cooking.
Honey Ham Glaze Reduction (optional).
- After the pressure is out of the pot, remove your ham from the Instant Pot as well as put it on a huge plate or bowl, still secured in the foil. Get rid of trivet from the inside pressure cooker and also pour out the water used to prepare the honey baked ham. Location the inner pot back inside the pressure cooker and also transform the pressure cooker to Saute.
- Carefully peel back the foil a little from the cooked Ham. and remove it entirely from the foil, leaving the liquid inside the foil packet. And then pour all the rest of the liquid right into the pressure cooker.
- Now mix it all together with 1 tbsp of corn starch with 1/4 cup of water and keep mixing it with the cooking liquids. Keep stirring until you get a thick texture, it’s going to take around 3 to 5 minutes. ONce is done just pour it all over the Ham.
- Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker (6 or 8 quarts).
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil.
- This dish has actually been updated to account for utilizing sturdy foil to prepare the pork. To reach 145 degrees for offering, if your aluminum foil is not thin, you will certainly require an added 10 minutes added to the complete cook time to make up the aluminum foil.
- If utilizing slim foil, do not add the added 10 mins to the chef time, instead include 3-5 minutes.
- This Honey Glaze dish is for a 4-5 pound pork. If making a larger ham, simply double the dish.
- If you want to include seasonings to your Honey Ham Luster, make use of 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and also ⅛ teaspoon cloves.
- Feel free to leave out brownish sugar for a polished sugar-free Honey Ham or to make use of maple syrup instead of the honey.
- Sweet and Tangy Glaze (2): Instead of the honey polish, blend with each other 1/3 mug pineapple juice, 1/4 cup apricot maintains, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp ready Horseradish, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, as well as ⅛ tsp each of ground cloves, nutmeg, and allspice. Pour over ham before covering in aluminum foil.
- It is important to secure the pork well in foil to maintain the ham flavored well as well as to prevent a burn warning.
- This recipe is for pre-sliced, pre-cooked pork that you buy at your food store.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 10g | SaturatedFat: 3g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 1795mg | Potassium: 446mg | Sugar: 8g | VitaminC: 0.8mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1.4mg
Cooking Times and Instructions
- 3-pound ham: use 1 recipe for glaze and cook for 6 mins + 10 mins to make up for the foil (or 16 overall minutes).
- 4-pound ham: use 1 recipe for glaze and cook for 8 mins + 10 mins to make up foil (or 18 mins).
- 5-pound ham: use 1 recipe for glaze and cook for 10 mins + 10 minutes to account for foil (or 20 minutes).
- 6-pound ham: double down the recipe for the glaze and also cook for 12 mins + 10 mins to make up foil (or 22 minutes).
- 7-pound ham: double the recipe for the glaze and cook for 14 mins + 10 mins to make up aluminum foil (or 24 mins).
- 8-pound ham: double down the recipe for the glaze and also cook for 16 minutes+ 10 mins to make up aluminum foil (or 26 minutes).
Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham TIME
Spiral Sliced ham is already precooked so you only require to warm the pork through.
Cook your pork for 2 mins per pound overpressure plus 10 Minutes to the total time to represent foil. This will warm up the pork flawlessly and keep the pork from drying.
Struck hand-operated switch and use +/- switches to readjust the moment. Make sure your pressure cooker is readied to HIGH pressure.
Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham TIPS
This Honey Glaze dish is for a 3-5 extra pound ham. If you are cooking a bigger Ham, simply double the recipe– additional glaze is NEVER a bad idea!
If you wish to include flavors to your Honey Pork Glaze, use 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, as well as ⅛ tsp cloves.
Feel free to leave out brown sugar for refined sugar-free Honey Pork, you can easily achieve the right flavor and taste from any Syrup, a Maple Glazed Ham is always a winner.
It is necessary to seal the ham well in foil, aluminum paper, or in a bowl to keep the ham seasoned well as well as to prevent a burn warning.
You can utilize bone-in or boneless spiral sliced pork for this recipe. We choose boneless for simpler serving, however, either is great!