Who Doesn’t love a good Pork Roast Recipe? And Here at Pressure Cooker Tips, we are cooking With Instant Pot every week, and this week it’s the turn of the one and only Pork Roast With Sauerkraut.
The Key Points are Tender, Tasty and Roasted
There’s a few reasons that turn us on when creating this recipe.
First of all, we were looking for a quick and easy recipe and most recipes on the Internet are at least 4 hours long, mainly because they are focused on cooking using slow cookers.
But even the Instant Pot Recipes are at least 3 hours and there’s plenty of ingredients that again are against our policy of quick and easy.
Thats when we start thinking about This Recipe.
There are tons of ways of cooking Pork Roast, but the focus is always on the tenderness of the Pork, that’s also why many Pork roast Recipes use only Pork Loin instead of pork but or shoulder.
But by mixing the pressure cooking of the pork together with the Sauerkraut we focus more on the overall flavor of the recipe.
So without futher a do lets go straight to the recipe:
Instant Pot Pork Roast With Sauerkraut
Course: Main Course Cuisine: German Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Pressure Time: 1 Hour Total Time: 1 Hour 20 minutes Servings: 8 Calories: 194kcal
- 2-3 Pounds of Pork Loin
- 20 Ounces of Sauerkraut (1,25 lb)
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp of Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Tbsp of minced garlic (Optional)
- Start by cutting the Pork into 2-3 inch large chunks so you can get a more tender texture. Season the Pork to your own taste with Salt and Pepper on every side of the pork.
- Program the Instant Pot into the Saute mode and then adjust to high. Once is hot add the Grapeseed Oil (You can try 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp) and brown the pork for about 3-5 minutes on every side. Once is done hit the cancel button.
- Now Place the Brown Pork into the Instant Pot, Add the Sauerkraut and the water. Cover the Lid and make sure that your ceiling valve is on sealed.
- Now Mannualy cook on High Pressure for 1 Hour. It takes about 20 minutes per pound of Pork Roast so in this case, we are planning for 3 Pounds of Pork.
- Let it self release for about 25 minutes and then do a quick release to get rid of whatever pressure is left from the pot until the silver button is dropped down
- Slice the Pork Roast and serve on a platter with the sauerkraut.
Instant Pot (6 or 8 quarts)
- You may not like to eat the sauerkraut but you can cook it any way following our recipe and then take out the sauerkraut and dont eat it at all. But the flavor that you will get using the sauerkraut cooked under pressure together with the pork is what makes it worth it
- Garlic is optional. It is not traditional, but we love the added flavor.
- Feel free to use a pork shoulder or pork butt roast and cut it and cook it in the same way.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 433mg | Potassium: 596mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg
Instant Pot Pork Roast With Sauerkraut – Best From The Internet
As always we put together some extra recipes for you to choose in case that our recipes desnt suit your needs.
So after a lot of research, we found that most of the other Instant Pot Recipes include vegetables or fruits, such as apple, potatoes, and more so feel free to check any of this others recipes below to get the best Pork Roast With Sauerkraut.
Pork Loin with Sauerkraut and Apples
This recipe has it all. The cooked apples, onions, and kraut are sometimes served over mashed potatoes. It might sound like a crazy combination, but the flavors meld to create a sweet and savory sauce. Try them over cauliflower mashed potatoes to soak up all that goodness.
This tasty recipe takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes to be ready and comes with some easy to follow instructions.
- Check The Recipe at: Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Pork and Sauerkraut
One of the most easy and quick recipes that you are going to find online is the one from Maria Makes a cool recipe webties that put together this 1 hour recipe.
Its easy to follow and theres no manny ingredients involves such as our recipe so we think you are going to like it.
We tried and found it the most flavor full recipe, which reminds us of that grandma taste that we always love to go back to. So for those that love a good Pork, this recipe is a must!
- Check The Recipe at: Maria Makes
So thats It for Now!
We are going to continue updating this page for better or new recipes to add, so dont forget to check it out from time to time if you are looking for the best recipe.
As well feel free to check our other
And if you would like to share with your friends or follow us on our social media we live you our channels below.