Firstable avoid falling into the trap of paying too much. Out of all the Instant Pot models, you really only need to know which one is best for you. Prices vary between different models and versions so it’s important to choose the right one. After many hours of research, here are the details you need.
In a hurry to get an Instant Pot? This link is for you.
With a pressure cooker, you can infuse your favorite meals with lots of flavor in a short period of time. They aren’t very expensive either. Neither of this pressure cookers are going to break your bank account. We already did the research for these two multi-cookers thoroughly, and by the end of this article, you will have enough info to make a confident purchase decision. Read on below.
The main differences between the 6 in 1 and 7 in 1 comes in the sizes and programmed functions. The 6 in 1 comes with 10 programmed functions while the 7 comes with 14. The extra functions that come along on the IP-DUO 7 in 1 are the Yogurt Function, the low-pressure function, and the easy to carry lid holders!. The 7 in 1 is also manufactured in a wider variety of sizes. But is priced $20 more. See the comparison chart below for full details.
Main Differences between instant pot 6 in 1 vs 7 in 1
|6 in 1 Instant Pot||7 in 1 Instant Pot|
|Pot size||6 Quart 8 Quart||3 Quart 6 Quart 8 Quart|
|Wattage||1000 Watts||1000 Watts|
|Weight||14.6 pounds||19 pounds|
Instant pot 7 in 1 vs 6 in 1 ( Duo and Lux)
At a Glance:
- The DUO can make yogurt and the LUX cannot
- You can manually set the keep warm function on the DUO to 99 hours and 50 minutes but only 10 hours for the LUX
- The PSI or Pressure level indicates the speed that your food will be cooked. The Duo has both a high setting and a low setting. But the Lux model comes only with the high setting. IN case of recipes that include fish or veggies you may need lower setting making this an advantage for the IP DUo model.
- The DUO has a way of holding the lid open so that condensation and food splatter from the lid doesn’t get on your counter
What makes the IP-DUO stand out?
The DUO 7 in 1 is the third generations of electric pressure cookers, combining power and advanced features that make it the best seller of all the pressure cookers on the market for a few years in a row. Is a bit more pricey compared with the LUX version but brings to the table extra features and settings that make it worth it. We give you some Pros and Cons of the DUO models so you can have a better understanding:
- Added features such as the yogurt function, lid holding handles and the possibility to get an 8-Quart size model!
- The Control Panel is really easy to use and will help you to control the whole system without any problems.
- This model is the best pressure cooker in the market since 2015. Thanks to its intuitive sense embedded along its control panel.
- It also features extra safety cooking measures that are not available on the IP-Lux version.
- The Instant Pot IP-Duo60 is the updated version of the LUX model and has regenerated in all ways against its predecessor.
- The upgraded features cost a little bit more (+$20).
- If you are going to use the cooker once a week you may be good with just the LUX series and save your self some money.
What makes the IP-LUX stand out?
The Instant Pot IP-Lux 60 has slightly fewer features and functions when compared with the DUO series. However, its price tends to attract costumers when on a budget.
When it comes to the Instant Pot IP-Lux 60, we found the next Pros and Cons:
- The IP-Lux series can save you some money, which is why there’s still a demand for it
- Designed to target the price conscious people the LUX series tends to overlook the fancy features of a contrasting brand like Pot IP-DUO60.
- As well some people that the 6 in 1 functions are already a great addition and enough for their needs.
- As we already mention the LUX series lack some extraordinary features.
- The design looks old when compared with the latest models.
- On a similar note, Instant Pot IP-Lux devoids the extra cooking functions when compared with the DUO series such as the Yogurt Function, low-pressure function, and lid holders.
Those are the main differences but there are smaller differences too.
A good rule of thumb is if you don’t see yourself making yogurt then the LUX 60 v3 is going to be just fine for your needs at home. It’s got the same power (1000w) as the DUO 60 and it’s the same size.
The IP LUX 60 v3 is different and better than the IP LUX 60 but they are priced similarly
If you are considering buying the cheaper of the two models then you might be wondering if the Instant Pot is worth it at all. There are after all other less expensive electric pressure cookers that are very good too.
In view of the above mentioned intimate pros and cons of both models, it is apparent that either model has unique features to offer beyond all disputes, therefore, it is not right to lean towards any of the models with partiality.
A price conscious customer should march towards purchasing Pot IP-LUX60; whereas, a customer who aspire to have top of the range product must go for Pot IP- DUO60.
In case you need more details on the difference between the Duo and Lux models check the video below
So, Which One Should You Buy?
Both Instant Pots are pretty great, so there is no, one definite answer to this question. You must assess your needs first.
Regardless of which Instant Pot you choose to purchase, you will get an incredibly durable and reliable piece of cookware that that is going to last you years.
The guarantee is backed by a one year manufacturer’s warranty, so if your machine malfunctions, you haven’t wasted your money.
You can Also check our individual reviews from each:
Or check Costumer reviews on Amazon :