We love to use our Instant Pot and get creative. And the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich is a perfect dish for us since is simple easy and delicious.
And you dont even have to be from Philly to eat it!
All jokes aside his recipe will make a great launch or dinner meal with all the nutrients and deliciousness that you need!
- 1 What is a Philly Cheesesteak?
- 2 What is the Best Beef for the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich?
- 3 Best Cheese for Philly Cheesesteak
- 4 Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich- Fist Steps
- 5 Making the Cheese
- 6 Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich Recipe
- 7 Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches Recipe – Best From The Internet
What is a Philly Cheesesteak?
The famous Philly Cheesesteak is a sandwich made with super thinly sliced ribeye steak, caramelized onion, and provolone cheese. It’s one powerful combination between a classic steak and the popular sandwich that was a success on the East Coast.
The Philly Cheesesteak has been modified on the West Coast to include bell peppers and mushrooms but a true “Philly” only has steak, onion and cheese served over a roll.
What is the Best Beef for the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich?
There’s a few cuts that go well with this sandwich one common one that most people use is the Ribeye since it’s well-marbled and tender when cooked. Another good cut that you can use that is going to be as tender and cheaper is the Top Sirloin that will also be tender and juicy as the Ribeye.
Last but not least you can also use is the flank steak, which is both lean and very tender when cut against the grain. The only difference is that you will need a little extra oil on your cooking surface if using flank steak.
Best Cheese for Philly Cheesesteak
For our recipe, we use 50 g of Soft Cheese and 100 g of Cheddar Cheese, but the most popular type of cheese for the Philly Cheesesteak is mild provolone. Most provolone brands are really good and tasty the only one that we didn’t enjoy was the “aged” provolone since the flavor of aged provolone cheese is overpowering.
Another popular cheese is white American cheese. Some restaurants in Philadelphia add a Velveeta-like cheese but most recipes choose provolone as the best.
Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich- Fist Steps
Below we give you the full recipe and step by step instructions, plus the best recipes from the Internet, But now we are going to give you the best tips and steps to get the best from your Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
- One tip that will make the Sandwich even better is before to start you can place the beef in your freezer for 30 minutes, after that you will be able to cut the meat in tiny and slim slices so you can get the best texture for your Philly Cheese Steak.
- Once you have the meat in slices season the pieces evenly, after that, slice up the onions. Now quickly turn your Instant Pot and select the Saute mode and add to the pot the butter so it can start to melt.
- Once the butter is melted, prepare the beef and onions just till the onion is tender and the beef is seared. This will take about 3-5 mins.
- Pour your beef brew into the pot and turn the pot off. Use a wooden spoon to stir and scratch any kind of browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Place the cover on the pot and cook on manual/high pressure for 6 mins. Have in mind that the pot will take about 5 mins to reach the pressure required, then 6 minutes to cook, and after that 10 mins of natural pressure release time.
Making the Cheese
Now for those that will like to prepare the cheese in a melty and delicious way we give you some tips and steps to take your sandwich even tastier!. It will not take long, you can simply make it in a pot on the stovetop while your meat is getting ready. But if you want you can easily just buy jarred cheese sauce or just top them with provolone cheese.
- Start by just melting 4 tbsp of butter in a medium sauce-pan over medium heat.
- After the butter is melted add 2 tsp of flour and mix together with the butter for 2 mins.
- Now start to pour in regularly milk (around 500 ml) and keep mixing until the preparation is smooth.
- Last but not least add the seasoning of your choice and mix until you blend all the flavors together ( around 2 more mins)Blend in your flavorings, then remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in the cheese until smooth.
Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich Recipe
Prep Time: 3 Mins – Cook Time: 10 Mins – Total Time: 13 Mins
- 4 Bread Buns
- 4 Slices Beef Frying Steak
- 1 Large Onion peeled and diced
- 50 g Mushrooms cleaned and diced
- ½ Green Pepper diced and deseeded
- 50 g Soft Cheese
- 100 g Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Puree
- 1 Tbsp Worcester Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice the beef into small strips or slices but thin.
- Now turn on your Instant Pot and select the Sauté mode setting and wait for a few minutes until the pot is warm ( around 4 to 6 minutes). Then add the olive oil and the onions all together with the garlic as well and let it sauté for a few minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Include the mushrooms and also the green pepper in the pot and keepsautéing for an extra 5 mins.
- Now add the sauces and the seasoning, mix well and after that include the beef.
- Continue cooking for 3 more mins.
- Warm up your bread buns and cover them in soft cheese. Add the mix that you made on the Instant Pot on top and then finish this off with some grated cheese. Let it rest for a few minutes until the cheese melts into the sandwich and then serve.
Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches Recipe – Best From The Internet
Now we give you a selection of the best recipes that we found online, there are tons of recipes but these ones are both easy and tasty, we try them and get delicious results so we totally recommend them.
Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak
Prep Time: 10 Mins – Cook Time: 8 Mins – Total Time: 18 Mins
This recipe comes from the Ladies at Six Sisters Stuff, with all the ingredients and methods that we like, just a few and quick and easy!
With just 8 minutes you will hve this Philly Cheese Steaks ready for eating!
Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak – Second Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Mins – Cook Time: 30 Mins – Total Time: 40 Mins
The second recipe for us is the one from the folks at Delish that made a simple and fun dinner recipe the whole family will love! Sandwiches full of tender beef, with an easy homemade cheese sauce!
Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich Video Recipe
This is the best recipe on video that we found on the Internet, there’s no better video recipe than this one so just check it and let us know if you like it!
So Let Us Know if you like the Recipe and if there’s something else that you would like us to write about just Get in Touch and dont be a stranger!
And let’s get Cooking! 🙂