One of the biggest questions that we get all the time on the recipes section is about the yogurt function, from the IP DUO that the yogurt function came along most people where thrilled about it, but there are some doubts on how to get the best Yogurt using the Instant Pot
So now we put all our effort and give you a full review with not only the best ways to make Instant Pot Yogurt but also different recipes and videos to get the full glance on how to get the best homemade yogurt
How to Make Yogurt in Instant Pot – Recipes
Lets Start with 2 Video Recipes then we give you the Text recipes
Yogurt in Instant Pot Video Recipes
If you are a more visual person a VIdeo Recipe will take all your doubts out, we are going to give you 2 recipes here and then Links to more video recipes for you to check
- Make Yogurt in your Instant Pot Ultra
- How To Make Instant Pot Yogurt (DIY)
- EASIEST How To Make Yogurt In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Yogurt Recipes
Now we go with the text Recipes and at the end, we are going to give you some of the best of the Internet plus some extra tips
Home Made Instant Pot Yogurt Recipe 1
Yield: 8 CUPS Prep time: 30 MINUTES Cook time: 9 HOURS Total time: 9 HOURS 30 MINUTES
- 8 cups whole milk*
- 1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- Start by putting the milk into the Pot; close and lock the lid.
- Select the yogurt function on the display and put the pressure setting in boil. This step can take up to 1 hour.
- Once the boil is done wait for the cooker to cool by introducing it into a bowl of ice water, stirring occasionally, until the milk reaches 100 to 110 degrees F, about 15- 20 minutes; set aside 1 cup milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt and reserved 1 cup milk. Stir into remaining milk, being careful not to scrape the bottom of the insert.
- Return insert into the Instant Pot. Choose the yogurt function and set it at 8 hours.
- Now you can move the Yogurt to a storage container; cover and chill until cold, about 6-8 hours, or up to 10 days.
*2% milk can be substituted.
INSTANT POT: Homemade Plain (Greek) Yogurt
How Make Thickened Yogurt
For thick Greek- or Icelandic-style yogurt, spoon the yogurt right into a filter lined with a cooking area towel, coffee filter, or cheesecloth and also enable to drain in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hrs and also as much as overnight. The liquid that drains pipes off is protein-rich whey.
We advise you to use instead of water in your favorite bread dough or pizza dishes. However, you can also use it in place of buttermilk in my favorite biscuits, or stir it right into smoothie mixes.
Now that you know exactly how to make yogurt in an Instant Pot, do not hesitate to mix in some peach jam, toss on a myriad of tasty toppings, or utilize it to dress a beautiful platter of Instant Pot– cooked beetroots with dill and lime: