If you were wondering how to cook chicken legs in a pressure cooker … wonder no more!
We give you the best recipes so you can cook your chicken legs like a Master Chef! Without the need of having pressure from Gordon Ramsey just the pressure of your cooker!
So without further ado, we give you the best recipes, videos, and tips so you can have a wide range of choices when you want to cook your chicken legs on the Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot
- 1 How to Cook Chicken Legs in a Pressure Cooker Recipes
- 2 How to Cook Chicken Legs in a Pressure Cooker Videos
How to Cook Chicken Legs in a Pressure Cooker Recipes
Pressure Cooker Chicken Legs
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Yield: 5 Cusine: American
- 4 whole chicken legs
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoons of liquid smoke
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- garlic powder
- olive oil spray
- Put the rack in the bottom of the pressure cooker pot and add the broth and the liquid smoke.
- Carefully separate the skin from the chicken legs with your hands and season it with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Now season the top of the skin as well with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Add the legs in the pressure cooker with the skin side up, and close the lid.
- Follow your pressure cooker instructions and cook for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler in high mode and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the pressure cooker is ready, use tongs to carefully place the chicken legs on parchment paper.
- Spray the chicken legs lightly with olive oil spray.
- Broil the chicken legs for 10 minutes or up to the skin is golden brown.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Legs with Herb Rub
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 55 minutes Yield: 6 Cusine: Italian
- 6 chicken legs
- 3 teaspoons of Diamond Crystal kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon for each leg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon for each leg
- 3/4 teaspoons of fresh ground black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon for leg
- 3/4 teaspoons of garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon for leg
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water or if you prefer chicken broth
- Sprinkle all the chicken legs evenly with salt, garlic powder, Italian Seasoning, and the fresh ground black pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in the pressure cooker over medium heat, and if you are using an Instant Pot using the sauté mode until shimmering.
- Brown the skin side of the chicken legs in batches – each leg should lay flat in the pot. Cook each set of legs until the skin is browned, normally it’s going to take 4 minutes. Then put the browned legs into a bowl, then repeat with the rest of the legs. Pour the chicken fat out of the pot.
- Then start with the pressure cooking! Pour 1/2 cup of water into the pressure cooker pot. Over medium heat (or sauté mode), bring the water to a simmer, scrape any browned bits if there’s any, from the bottom of the pan into the liquid.
- Once all the browned bits are scraped up, get the chicken legs and any chicken juices into the bowl. Lock the lid and pressure cook on high mode during 30 minutes if you are using an electric pressure cooker, 25 minutes in case you use a stovetop PC.
- Now let the pressure come down naturally, is going to take around 15 more minutes. Serve, passing the liquid in the pot on the side as a sauce.
If you would like you can de-fat the sauce. Pour the liquid from the pot into a fat separator and let it rest for around 10 minutes, so the fat floats into the top. Then, pour the de-fatted sauce into a serving bowl.
Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Yield: 4 Cusine: American
This is a great recipe to have your chicken drumstick in a tasty and easy way!
- 3 pounds of chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, carefully chopped
- 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper then working in batches sear the chicken drumstick until they are brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add the onion and garlic, and scrape any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add water and the BBQ sauce into the pan, then place the drumsticks into the pan along with any juices that have collected.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high for 9 minutes. Let the pressure to come down and then carefully remove the lid.
- Serve the chicken with sauce for drizzling.
How to Cook Chicken Legs in a Pressure Cooker Videos
Here we give you 2 extra recipes so you can get different ways to cook your chicken legs in the Pressure cooker!
How to cook Chicken Drumsticks in a Pressure cooker,
Instant Pot Chicken Legs Drumsticks Recipe