We give you a full review of the best recipes to make rice and beans in your Instant Pot.
Different ways from easy to a medium level so any type o chef can feel comfortable with the recipes.
We also give you different recipes so you can choose depending on the day, what type of recipes you want to make.
Instant Pot Rice and Beans
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Serving: 5 Persons
- 1 1/2 cup of dry Brown Rice
- 1 1/4 cup of dry Red Kidney Beans
- ½ bunch of Cilantro stems and leaves divided
- 3 cups of Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup of Salsa
- 600 ml of Water
- Start by chopping the Cilantro, being careful to maintain the leaves and stems roughly separated.
- Now include the dried Rice and Beans to the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Carefully pour the Vegetable Broth and Water over the Rice and Beans, then give a good stir to the mix.
- Include the Salsa and stems of the Cilantro into the pot. Do not mix!
- Close the Instant Pot, set the valve to Sealing, and use the Manual Mode to cook on High for 25 Minutes.
- Once the cooking time ends, let the Instant Pot release pressure for an additional 10 minutes (leave the “Keep Warm” feature on).
- Last but not least, move the valve from Sealing to Venting to release all remaining pressure, and serve the Beans and Rice warm.
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro leaves and anything else you desire!
Instant Pot Rice and Beans Jamaican
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 26 Minutes Serving: 6 Persons
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups of long-grain white rice rinsed
- ¾ cup of coconut milk
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¾ cup of water
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 15.5 oz can dark red kidney beans undrained
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Start by setting your IP to the Sauté mode. Once is hot, add the olive oil.
- Now add the yellow onion and stir until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and green onions and stir for about 30 more seconds.
- Press the Cancel button on your Instant Pot. Add rice, coconut milk, water, salt, allspice, and black pepper and stir.
- Pour kidney beans on top of the rice mixture. Do not stir. Lay sprigs of thyme on top. Cover the Instant Pot, ensuring the valve is set to “Sealing.”
- Press “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” on the Instant Pot and set for High pressure for 6 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooking time is done, allow it to natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure by moving the valve to “Venting”
- Open the lid and remove thyme sprigs.