Instant Pot is one of our favorite pressure cookers and we have tons of recipes for Instant Pot, but this one is a special one!
Since we had a pretty rough 2020 we need to launch the 2021 right! And what better way to kick in the year than with a good old Beef Short Ribs Instant Pot Recipe!
As always we not only put one recipe for you but 3 this time, so you can choose the one that fits more your cooking needs.
So without further ado:
Beef Short Ribs Instant Pot – First Recipe
Course: Main Course Cuisine: American Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 22 min Pressure Time: 10 min Total Time: 47 min Servings: 5
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- BBQ seasoning spice blend
- Beef ribs amount really doesn’t matter, I’ve cooked as little as 4 or 3 beef ribs with 1/4 rack pork ribs
- BBQ sauce optional
- Initially, put the stainless swipe container right into the Instant Pot.
- Next off, put 1/2 mug water, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar into the container.
- After that, put a trivet or steamer basket into the container.
- Now, take your ribs and put them on a flat surface. Spray the leading fifty percent with my homemade BARBEQUE flavoring. If you do not have the individual flavorings you can choose some pre-made BBQ rub.
- Currently, with your fingers or a spoon, scrub the seasoning right into the ribs.
- Add the ribs on top of the trivet or steamer basket.
- Place the lid on your Instant pot and be sure that the vent is set to seal.
- On the display set on Manual – High Pressure. and set the timer for 22 mins.
- Quick-release the pressure for 10 mins and then manually release the rest of the vapor remaining.
- If you want you can also turn your stove for a bit. On a baking sheet put the beef ribs. And using your preferred BBQ sauce heat it up for about 5 minutes.
Beef Short Ribs Instant Pot – Second Recipe
Course: Dinner Cuisine: American Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 40 min Aditional Time: 20 min Total Time: 1Hr 15 min Servings: 4
- 4 large beef short ribs (about 1 lb. each)
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup apple juice or dry red wine (such as zinfandel)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Season the ribs gently with salt as well as pepper. Add oil to the pressure cooker and select the Browning mode. When the oil is hot, brown the ribs in tiny batches, to not get all the ribs together and make a mess. Plate them also in batches
- Now add the bacon to the pressure cooker and cook up until you get a brown and crisp texture. Now include the onions on the pot and sauté until the ribs are tender (around 3 minutes). Include garlic and cook for about one more minute.
- Include the apple juice as well as make use of a wooden spoon to scrape up any kind of brown little bits stuck on the bottom of the pot. Include beef brew, tomato paste, and the ribs inside the Instant Pot, cover, and lock the lid. Select High Pressure, and set for 40 minutes. When it beeps do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and after that release any other type of pressure inside the pot.
- Using tongs, transfer the ribs to a platter, and cover with aluminum foil to maintain warmth. Utilize a fat separator and a mesh filter to separate the fat from the juices. Return juices to the cooking pot.
- In a small dish, combine corn starch and water. Include in the juices in the Instant Pot. Select Sauté and check from time to time and stir frequently until the juices thicken. Turn the Instant Pot Off.
- Add ribs as well as stir to layer with the sauce. Place the cover back on the pressure cooker and let the ribs absorb the sauce for 10 mins stirring occasionally if the sauce is still gurgling.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
Beef Short Ribs Instant Pot – Third Recipe
Course: Dinner Cuisine: American Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 30 min Aditional Time: 20 min Total Time: 55 min Servings: 4
Instant Pot Ribs
- 1-2 Racks Pork or Beef Ribs
- 1/2 Bottle Barbecue Sauce (Store-bought or homemade)
- 1 Cup Beef Broth (or Water)
Ribs Seasoning Mix
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- If needed, remove the silver membrane layer from the rear of the ribs.
- If needed, reducing the piece in half to fit inside the Instant Pot.
- Mix all the seasoning components with each other and scrub on both sides of the ribs.
- Add beef broth (or water) to the base of the Instant Pot followed by the steel trivet.
- Put the ribs in the Instant Pot, in a teepee development, with the meaty layer encountering in an outward direction.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and also see to it the shutoff remains in the “secured” placement.
- Press “hands-on” or “high pressure” and also established for the needed time size (check out the post for the time alternatives).
- When the timer beeps, let the pressure all-natural launch for 5 mins.
- Transfer the ribs to an aluminum foil-lined cookie sheet as well as cover with barbeque sauce.
- OPTIONAL: Broil them in the oven (high) for 3-4 mins to include a little “char” to the sauce.